Prof. dr hab. n. med. Katarzyna Michalska-Małecka
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Katarzyna Michalska-Małecka has many years of clinical experience in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of ophthalmic diseases, including glaucoma, cataracts, and macular diseases. He specializes in:
- cataract surgery with implantation of various models of intraocular lenses,
- implantation and injection of intravitreal therapeutic preparations into the vitreous,
- anti-glaucoma treatments.
Activities of Prof. dr hab. Katarzyna Michalska-Małecka, MD, Ph.D. is particularly focused on retinal diseases, which are a very serious social problem, which largely affects professionally active people. He is committed to scientific and research work, using knowledge in the field of hemoreology and genetics in order to introduce modern methods of treatment of retinal diseases. It aims to further expand knowledge, search for the latest solutions in the field of eye diseases treatment and implementation of Polish and world achievements in the field of ophthalmology. He is constantly developing his experience gaining new qualifications in the field of ophthalmology. It organizes regular meetings for patients interested in eye diseases.
- 2018 – obtaining a scientific degreeprofessor of medical sciences,
- 2012 – obtaining a scientific degreehabilitated doctor of medical sciences,
- 2009 – optician technician title,
- 2005 – obtaining the title of specialist in eye diseases,
- 2001 – obtaining the degree of doctor of medical sciences.
Author or co-author of many articles published in national and foreign journals as well as conference reports at scientific conferences in Poland and abroad. Member of the Editorial Committee of the Ophthalmology Journal. Reviewer of ophthalmic journals, including:
- International Journal of Ophthalmology,
- Plos One,
- Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology,
- Advances in Clinical and Experimental Medicine,
- Eye Clinic.
Member of societies and scientific associations:
- European Society of Cataract Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- European Society of Retina Specialists (Euretina)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- European VitroRetinal Society (EVRS)
- Leksell Gamma Knife Society (LGKS)
- Polish Ophthalmology Society (PTO)
- Polish Biophysical Society (PTB)
- Chairwoman of the Silesian Branch of the Polish Ophthalmology Society.
- Chairwoman of the Silesian Branch of the AMD Association in Katowice.
- Member of the Main Board of the AMD Association.
- Member of the State Examination Commission in the field of ophthalmology.